polka dots

Monday, February 1, 2010

It's Been A While!


It has been a while since I blogged last and a lot has happened! We moved three weeks ago and that would be the number one reason for not blogging. I had a good majority of our stuff unpacked and settled right away. Tim's office and my craft room have suffered, but we need a few things for those to be finished. A desk for Tim's office would help him be more organized and have space to put all his supplies on! I would love a sewing table, but that is not in our near plans, the garage must be finished before we move on the luxury items!! We also have to do something with the back yard, but that has to wait for good weather to even put grass in!
The second reason I have not been blogging is the kids have not slept through the night since we moved...until last night. It was the first night they both slept the majority of the night and I was not up at all hours of the night...it was wonderful!
The third reason is I have been doing a lot of work to start our new ministry call HOME. Helping Our Moms Excel. we are now meeting frequently to be ready for our April meetings. We will meet every Tuesday at NW Hills. It is a well needed ministry for the moms of young children at our church! Tim and I also joined a bible study with couples from our Sunday school class, and I am still doing MOP's and co-leading a bible study on Wednesday mornings. There is a lot on my plate and even more on Tim's as he was just given a new territory to sell to. He now sells to half of the state of Oregon, everywhere south of Salem...its a lot more territory to cover, which means more time to travel. We are making it all work and have made spending time with each other more of a priority since it has to be planned and there isn't much down time to hand out together!
The fourth reason is Timmy is walking! He is a busy boy and I have to keep my eyes on him, he loves to get into cabinets and drawers, which most of them are fine for him to be in. Joya is a very busy girl, she is finishing gymnastics this week and we are not signing her up again but instead going to make more play dates and have more time at home until we start swim lessons in the spring. I still haven't figured out how I am going to do both of them at swim lessons because they both have the have an adult to hold them, Joya is not old enough to do self taught lessons...next year!!




1 comment:

Jenn said...

YAY! You're back in the blogging world! Missed you.