polka dots

Sunday, August 2, 2009

We made it, and Tim made it home!

We made it, we survived our last week without Tim!
On Monday Joya got to spend some special time with her Auntie Kaylen while my dad and Timmy and I worked out. Timmy didn't last long in the stroller, so it was on to plan "B", which was the backpack. I lifted my arms and back with big boy on my back...it was a lot harder and more challenging to keep my balance. Then I went to pick Joya up and take Timmy to his 4month doctor's appointment, it was fun to see how big he really was! He weighed in at 18lb2oz, in the 90% and he was almost 26inches which was the 95% and his head circumference was in the 70th%. I was kind of shocked that his head wasn't bigger because he has the biggest smile with the chubbiest cheeks!!! Then we went back to Nana and Papa's house where we ate lunch and Joya had a major melt down because she thought I was leaving right then and she was not ready for me to leave her with Papa, it stems from Tim being gone! I explained that I was not leaving until after she went down for a nap and that I would be back by dinner time! I had to go down to Eugene to sign all of our papers for the refinance on the Veneta house. I took Timmy with me and he was a champ! It took me a full hour to sign for me and Tim and then I had to go to the bank for a check and back to the mortgage place to drop it off. My trip to Eugene lasted longer than I thought it would, but Joya slept for almost 4 hours, so she never knew I was gone for so long!!
Tuesday we left first thing in the morning to the beach, my sister had some really good friends out from North Carolina, so they went to the beach for Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. We have an aquarium pass and met them at the aquarium, then went to lunch. Then I took the kids back to the house they were renting and put them down for a nap while Christi and her friends went to the store and played on a beach for a while. Timmy and Joya tag teamed me so I never got a nap, but I had a beautiful calming view of the ocean! Christi and her friends came back and Joya woke up, so I took Joya down to the beach while Timmy and Christi's friends stayed at the house. That was awesome because it was really windy down on the beach and I was thankful that Timmy didn't have to be down in that. Joya and I had a blast on the beach. We stayed down there for almost 2 hours, just digging holes! Yep holes! We would dig until we had water and play in that hole, build a castle next to it out of the pile of sand from the hole and then start all over again. We did take a small walk with Christi to look for neat rocks and shells. We drove home at 9 at night after having a wonderful crab dinner!!
Wednesday we had swimming and lunch plans with my mom and her teaching friends. Her teaching partner has a daughter that is turning 4 next week, anyway Joya loves her and she calls her "Baby Joya" and takes care of her. They are very cute together. Anyway we went swimming...Timmy too, and then went back to Mom's house for a potluck lunch. We came home for a nap and were supposed to have a play date with some neighbors, but they thought I said Tuesday and had already come the day before...oops! Anyway it was a good thing to have the evening free and have some down time, Joya just played with her baby Leila and was completely content with that!
Thursday we hung out at home for the morning and then we to the fair at noon to see all of the animals. We went with some friends from church and she had her third son two days after I had Timmy, so we saw them in the hospital room! Anyway she has a son who is Joya's age and her oldest is 4 but is so sweet to Joya! The mom taught 4H in California and was teaching us about all of the different types of pigs, cows, and sheep. The kids really liked the "Blue Butt Pigs", their a cross breed of Hampshire and Yorkshire pigs and yes their butt really looks blue. We stayed for a couple of hours and only lost one kid and then went home for naps and stayed around home to make dinner for everyone! That was my folks, Christi and her friends, of course Joya loved all the attention and couldn't eat anything for dinner. Joya and Timmy slept great that night!
Friday was a fast day, we were all looking forward to Daddy's return so we stayed at home and cleaned the house and then we drove down to Tim's folks house so the kids could go down for their naps. Tim's flight was supposed to get in at 3, right in the middle of nap time, but it was late. Anyway we got him, he was tired and we drove back home to have a big BBQ with all the family, it was great because all I had to do was bring our meat!
Saturday was a fun day, we spent the day as a family and were really laid back! One thing we did do was pump up the rubber raft to make sure it didn't have any holes in it for floating the river on Sunday. We floated the river with some friends from church who have a 4yr old boy and a 2.5 yr old boy. We left Timmy with my parents and Joya came with us. We had a great time. It took us an hour and half to float down, we almost missed our boat ramp to get out on, but other than that we had a blast. It was a beautiful day, not too hot, and we had great company. There were too many of us going so Steff and the kids and I were all in the boat and John and Tim were on a blow up mattress. I wish we had a picture of them, they were a sight to see! They sat on the edge with their feet down in there and just were relaxed with life jackets on. We had a great time!
We have another busy week this week with some friends coming in from Alabama and a trip to Redding CA for my grandparents 50th wedding anniversary party!!

No comments: