polka dots

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

GG and Great Grandpa NeeNee's 50th Wedding Anniversary


Last Friday we packed up and got the kids in the car at 6:45am to get down to Redding CA for my Grandparents wedding anniversary. They celebrated their 50th with several miracles to make it there. My grandpa has been in and out of the hospital with Leukemia, and having to go on and off Dialysis for his kidneys because he is Diabetic too. Anyway we were wondering if this party was going to happen at all. He is at home by the grace of God and we all got to go celebrate with them! From our family Heather and Eli were not able to come, Uncle Roger's whole family was there, the majority of Uncle Jeff's family and the majority of Uncle Steve's family came.

On Friday Tim had to work on the way down, which worked out great for me and the kids. It split the trip up so Joya could get out of her seat and run around and for Timmy to nurse and not sleep the whole day. He falls asleep whenever were in the car! It's really nice except when were traveling a distance and we would like him to sleep at night! So we stopped in Roseburg at the hospital and across the street was a Starbucks in a Alberston's, the kids and I hung out in there. Joya and I got a pastry from the bakery and I got coffee and Joya wanted some tea, Timmy got milk! The night before we left both kids came down with fevers and they still had them on the way down, so tea was a great thing for Joya to have. The next stop was Grants Pass, this was a very quick stop and Tim new it would be, so we just got out of the car while he was inside and played on the little patch of grass behind the building. Joya and I ran a lot of races from one tree to the next. Tim's last stop was going to be the longest and that was in Ashland. I had never been there before, but we dropped Tim off at the hospital and went down the street to a grade school with an awesome playground. Joya really liked the outhouse! Yep the outhouse, it had a sink and a flushing toilet in it. The weather was a little colder than I had expected so Joya had to wear my sweatshirt because I couldn't find her sweater I had packed for her. This picture is of her on the "big kid" section of the playground. She was fearless and climbed up the whole way by herself. This is of her coming down.

After the playground we went to lunch and then hit the road again. Before we even got to I-5 Joya and Timmy were asleep and they stayed asleep until we were almost to Redding. It was awesome and a good time for Tim and I to talk. On the way down we put an offer in on a house and we just heard back yesterday that they did not accept the offer and are not willing to budge from their price. Bummer for us! Well keep praying about a house!

We got to the party and we had a great time. I got to see some cousins that I haven't seen in years...like 10 or so. It was so fun to see them, the little kids are teenagers now and they had fun with Joya, which was a nice beak for me! The cousins that are my age have jobs and are very nice people! I loved reconnecting with them and talking with all the cousins about their lives and whats next for them!


Saturday we stayed at home with GG and Great Grandpa NeeNee and all of the other cousins went to Great America to ride rides with my dad and Christi. I was only a little jealous! I loved giving that time to Joya and Timmy with the Great Grandparents. Grandpa put on a puppet show for Joya and Grandma got out her story telling apron and told bible stories to Joya...she ate them up! Then Saturday night Tim and I left the kids with my mom and grandparents and we went out with my uncles and their wives. Tim had only met my uncle that lives in Southern California once at our wedding. So he had never really gotten to know them, so it was really fun for us to first of all get out and away from the babies and secondly to get out and chat with my uncles and their wives!! We also had a little time as a family to go to the Sundial Bridge in Redding. It was an awesome bridge and here are the pictures of it. There is a family picture and one of Joya near one of the cables that holds the bridge together.



Sunday we had a huge breakfast all together and then hit the road back home. We didn't end up leaving until 11ish and so the kids again fell asleep right away and we made it to Medford for lunch. Then back int he car, which Timmy was not a fan of and screamed to let us all know that. We were 20 miles south of Eugene when he really let us know that he was done being in the car! Joya joined his band wagon and we stopped in Eugene at Tim's Grandma's assisted living house. She was so surprised to see us and it was a fun stop. Joya got to run around and Timmy got to eat and everyone was happy again! We finally made it home to pick up Toby from the dog-sitters, which Toby made him earn his money...sorry Nathan! We had a fast but awesome weekend! I am so glad that Joya and Timmy got to spend some time with just the grandparents and no one else around, I have no clue if they will remember them but I will remember that they got special attention and time with them!

Joya's hair looks crazy because she had cute braids in and took them out in the car on her own...good job Joya!





No comments: