polka dots

Monday, August 31, 2009

Last Week Was a Full Week!

Last weekend we took Joya to the Lane County Fair with Grandma and Grandpa. She got to ride a few rides which brought back horrible memories for me! I was almost killed at a ride at that fair when I was little and have never rode a carnival ride since. I got very nervous even thought they were just cute rides that she could not get hurt on. I had an anxiety attack and had to leave for a minute to regain myself, then I walked back and watched Joya have fun. We went to the fair with expectations of riding the farris wheel, but she wasn't tall enough and we told her she had to be three years old to ride it...I hope she is tall enough next year! Tim left that night for Bend and was there working at a golf tournament and came home Sunday night right before the kids went to sleep.

During the week we had a lot of fun with friends, Joya had a few play dates. We had the Trimmer boys over again and it was another wonderful experience, all the kids played great together! We also had over our new neighbor Lauren, and her daughter Jaden (18mths). Even adding another child in the mix everyone played really well together.

Thursday night we headed down to Eugene because Tim had his 8th knee surgery Friday morning at 7:00am. So we stayed the night at Grandma and Grandpa's and they watched Joya for me while Tim had his screw and staple taken out. He has been a little disappointed with how he actually feels like he had surgery. He thought he would feel fine the next day and be able to go golfing with his buddies on Sunday...not the case. After the quick surgery we went back to Grandma and Grandpa's house and ate breakfast and then packed Joya and Timmy up to come back up home. We put both kids down for a nap and Tim and I took a nap too. Then when Joya woke up my mom came and got her and they went to her house to bake some cakes. Joya had a fantastic day! Here is a picture of the screw and staple that came out of Tim's knee. My ring is next to them so you can see how big they are!

On Saturday my sister came and got Joya and they went up to Enchanted Forrest. They had a blast and Joya got to ride a Kiddy Farris Wheel, she was pumped up about that. The rest of us headed back down to Eugene for Kenny Cox's Memorial Service. We cried a lot and Tim got people laughing with Kenny stories from the past. It was a great service. We came back up to hear about Joya's day with Tia and had some friends over for dinner, it was very low key, just pizza and salad and Tim didn't even sit at the table with us, he sat on the couch with his knee propped up with ice on it.

Sunday we went to church in the morning and then in the evening we went to the church swim and BBQ. We had a great time. My mom watched Timmy and and I took Joya swimming, she even went down the big huge slide twice. It was awesome, and I loved the time with just her, usually I have her and Timmy in the other arm, so it was nice to just have her and concentrate on just her!




Timmy this last week has decided to not sleep through the night anymore! Last night he finally slept really well! It was just in time too, my eye had been twitching for four days because I was so tired!

No comments: