polka dots

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

A Failed Attempt!!

So today was a big day...we were starting potty training!! Joya was very excited to go pee pee in the potty and to wear her big girl panties, that have Elmo on them. After she peed through the fourth pair, I was wondering if this was a good idea. She did make it to the potty several times but I also changed her wet panties 7times!! I would ask her if she had to go and instead of running to the potty, she would try to go right then and pee herself. Tomorrow I will just take her to the potty and then ask her if she has to go...hopefully that will eliminate some of the accidents! After her nap she got up, went on the potty, tried to go but couldn't. I then went to the bathroom and while I was in there she started crying so hard. She peed her pants and had a major meltdown!! So we got cleaned up and then she said, "No more big girl panties, no more!" At that point her and I had enough!! We only had an hour and a half until swimming lessons so I just put her in a diaper. She was happy and I told her she did a great job today and we can try again tomorrow!!
It was a hard day with a lot of tears, hopefully tomorrow will go better!!

1 comment:

Super Star said...

Almost chelle. I kinda know what ya going thru with the potty training. This new pup still doesn't get that the front room isn't for pooping. I'll take her out for 10 minutes and nothing. 5 min of coming in I find poop!
I didn't visit Oregon yet. It's on a list of to-do's. I need two more me's and we'll be there soon!