polka dots

Thursday, January 22, 2009

8 weeks and counting down!!

I can not believe we have 8 weeks before the baby is here!! I am 30 weeks and still growing large!! Last week at my doctors appointment I measured 33 when I was 29 weeks. You are supposed to match what week you are. That being said she, the doctor, was no longer concerned that I only gained 1lb last month!! Its kind of nice this time around not gaining a ton and feeling huge, although I still feel large, I know I haven't gained even half of what I did last time around!
Back to only having 8 weeks, I don't have anything in the room done, in fact it is still fully the office. We packed up the book shelf last week, but nothing else has been done. I have picked out the bedding my mom is going to make, it is a cute lamb quilt. I will make the bed skirt and valance for the window but I don't see that happening anytime soon either! I guess I am kind of waiting for Tim's future to be known first...is he going to GA again?, will he find a job coaching?, or another kind of job?...will we be moving before the baby comes? There is no point to setting up a nursery to just pack it up and move it before the baby comes, even though I really want everything set.
One major thing that has to happen before we set up the nursery is we have to move Joya into a big girl bed!! We are getting a mattress next week and I think I am going to take Joya with me to pick out her own bedding!! That will be fun for her, and yes I could make her one, but I think it would be really fun for her to see it in a store and pick it out herself, bring it home and put it on her brand new bed!!! I'm sure I will update everyone as to how that situation goes!!
Oh and for those of you wondering, Toby is fine from the "Oh Poop" incident!! He was sick for a few days along with my parents and sisters dogs. So they either all got into something or they had a nice little doggy virus going on!!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

8 weeks?! That's crazy!! Hopefully they won't be the longest of the weeks.

The Biles said...

Hey huh! So fun catching up on your blog! I love that all the red door girls got together for a shower, and it is crazy how everyone is preggers! It was so good to talk to you the other day. I hope you had fun at the zoo. I'll keep you all in my prayers as you approach your day!!! Hugs! Tam