polka dots

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Confessions of a Tired Mom!

I am sitting here with a wide awake Timmy at 6:31am after being up with him every hour last night starting at 12:50am. He wasn't up with anything serious except that he kept loosing his pubby and needed it to get back to sleep. It was a hard night that followed two hard days of Joya and Timmy having fits. Timmy's fits were gas related and Joya has started having little tantrums! They are wearing and not fun in public as she displayed yesterday. So I have decided if the tantrum is small to just ignore it, as I do not want to give her any positive or negative feedback, if it escalates then I send her to her room until she cans stop crying and come out with a better attitude. She usually goes in there and lays on her bed with her pubby and does come back out with a better attitude for a while! If it is so out of control and she is being dangerous to herself or me, as she has started hitting then I have no other choice than to spank her and then put her in her room until she calms down. This has only happened once, but it has stuck with me and has been hard for me to forget. I know this is just a stage, but it is wearing on me and makes me sad that she acts like this. We were on a hike yesterday and I had both kids in the double jogger for a while and then I let Joya walk for a while too. While she was walking she went too far ahead of me and I called her back, she turned looked at me and then started running the opposite was of me. I had to run after her to catch her. It was so disobedient and so defiant that I was so mad at her. I told her because I could not trust her to walk with me that she had to get back in the buggy. She got back in, with a fight, I fed her a snack and then she acted as if nothing had happened. The day was perfect for her! Its amazing to me how fast she can turn her attitudes from defiant to compliant, its like she's bi-polar! I had to take her cue and let it go too, it was hard and I am glad we had a drive home from the hike so that I could cool down! Anyway its been two days in a row of all of that attitude and then I am not sleeping at night because of Timmy...I am tired, emotionally and physically. I wish that Tim would wake up early and refreshed and say, "you go back to bed for an hour, I'll take the kids." No such luck though! I am praying hard for myself and Joya today!Here are pictures from the wedding in Boise that we went to, we had a great time!
Timmy's first shoulder ride!

Joya and her cousin Josh loved playing together. Josh is 5 and did a great job of playing with Joya and keeping her in the boundaries I had set for her and keeping her out of the pond water...good job Josh!!

Here are the red heads together!! Jeff didn't know that Timmy has red hair and was joyfully surprised!! Evidently we forgot to tell him!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

My Dear Michelle -- Sorry to hear that the last few days have been rough. Just think -- all the time and energy and sweat and tears you are putting in with Joya now, will just make for an amazing girl who listens and respects her Mama. Please come visit if you ever need a break. Jeffrey and I would love to help entertain the kids. XOXOX, Jenn