polka dots

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Its been a while!

So it has been a while since my last blog and a lot has happened since then. Tim has started his new job and is liking it. He goes to hospitals all over and watches knee and shoulder surgeries. He is building relationships with the doctors and their staff. He has made his first sale in Eugene to Slocum Surgery Center!! It wasn't a huge sale, but it is a start!! Tim fills his spare time with basketball, and two softball leagues. He is having a blast and filling that competitiveness that is now not being fulfilled with football. He is also training for a weight lifting competition, which up until his last lift he was ready for, but in his last lift he felt another pop on his hammy. The competition is next weekend, so we will see if he is ready or not.

Joya is doing great she fills her time with playing in the back yard, which she weekly looses her privileges out there by putting something in her mouth she is not supposed to!! She is still doing gymnastics, story time at the library, and now is swimming at Papa and Nana's pool. She has learned that she can swim by herself with the floaties on her arms...and she will remind anyone that "I do this by myself!" We had our last MOP's of the year last week and had a great time with a bouncy house. If you ask Joya how old she is she will tell you, "I'm almost two!" She will also tell you her birthday is "June nineff." She knows she is getting a swing set, that we are repainting, and wakes up wanting to go outside to see it! This picture is of Timmy sleeping and Joya wanted to put her babies to sleep next to Timmy...its probably not the last time Timmy will have to play with her dolls!











Timmy last night slept for 7 and a half hours!! I feel like a new woman, we will see if this is the beginning of sleeping through the night or a fluke. He loves to play under a little gym and has started playing in the exersaucer, which we named the poops-a-saucer with Joya and it is keeping its name with Timmy! He loves smiling at everyone and Joya loves making him smile at her. He is a way better sleeper than Joya ever was at this age. Timmy has been put on acid reflux medication and it seems to be helping. It is a peppermint flavored liquid that he takes twice a day. He gets a horrible look on his face whenever he gets it, but swallows it anyway. He lately is not liking his pubby(pacifier) and is preferring his first finger on his right hand...I am not a big fan of finger suckers!!!












I took the kids to the zoo a couple of weeks ago, with Christi, Kalen, and my dad. We had a great time and Joya loves the animals. Timmy did great and slept until we got there and was awake most of the time we were there and then slept the whole way home.

As for me, I am finally getting to work out and run, which makes me feel better, even if I don't loose any weight! I am excited to do a mystery quilt this summer, I also want to take a cake decoration class, logistics have not been figured out for that yet!! We are looking for houses right now and have an option, but the house needs some work! We will see!! I have taken on a leadership position for MOPs next year and we had a planning meeting yesterday, Joya got to spend the day with her Daddy and Timmy was with me. I know I have forgotten a lot, but its a quick update!!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Sooo fun to see you this weekend!! I put the pic of our three kids on Jeffrey's blog. Let's not go so long this summer, k?

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Enjoyed reading your blog today..still finding my way around blogland....I always love making new friends..I am posting about Disney so hope you will stop by. Commenting automatically puts you in the drawing for the June giveaway.